Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - Starting It Off Right

The years 2010, and 2011, had to be the worst years of my life.  My whole world came crashing down around me.  There were moments, that I thought that I wouldn't be able to go on living for another day.

At the same time, I grew (and shrunk, thank heavens!) by leaps and bounds.  I found  a new strength within me that I never knew I had.

I am finally at a point in my life, where I can say that I truly love myself.  I have finally realized that I am an amazing woman.
 I am more comfortable in my skin than I have ever been, well.... with the exception of the 15 or so pounds I have put on over the holidays.  But that doesn't bother me now that much, in fact, I pretty much had a Live It Up! attitude from October on.  I have the knowledge, the means, the desire and most of all the support to get back to my goal weight that I was at during summer.

I have accepted my 'lack of a filter', as one of the things people love about me.  And while at times I try to improve on what flows out my mouth and should get filed as TMI, I really don't give a poop what people think about me.  And even if people don't like my potty humor, or filthy mouth, there seems to be enough other things that they find endearing about me to want to keep me around. 

One thing is for sure, I have no shortage of family and friends who constantly show me they love me and support me.

New Years Eve 2011, pretty much SUCKED BALLS! (Please read that correctly, it was not ME sucking balls.)  Wanting the person who hurt my feelings to know this, I posted it on Facebook. That is not normally how I roll, (with a few exceptions, I don't claim to be perfect by any means).  Within minutes, I had multitudes of friends texting me, with words of encouragement.  The best of all, though, came at 2:18am.  It was a friend sending me a picture text of a mistake she made on Facebook, I think due to the auto correct on her phone.   During the course of our conversation, for whatever random reason, I brought up a story that had us both laughing hysterically.  At least I assume she was...   Let me share it with you.

Go back a few years, to when I actually slept in bed with someone else.  I was in bed next to that guy that I use to be married to, it was the middle of the night.  He was in a dead sleep.  For whatever random reason, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be funny if he farted in his sleep.  Then HE DID!  It was like I commanded him to do it with my mind power! I started laughing, bed shaking laughter!  The kind that hurts, you can't breathe.  It woke him up.  He asked what was so funny... I was laughing so hard, it probably took me 5 minutes to get out what had just occurred.  He did not think this was funny at all.  I tried to stop laughing, but every time I did, I would think about it again, and I would start up all over.  I got kicked out of the room that night.  There were many nights that followed, all I would do, was think about the incident, and BAM, laughing my butt off again.

The point of my story, is this.
 2011 ended really crappy.
2012 began with me laughing .  That is my favorite thing to do.  What better way to start the new year, than with laughter.

So, if you should ever need a good laugh.  Just listen, in the dead of night, for the person sleeping next to you (should you be that lucky), to pass some gas, and I promise, after reading this... you won't be able to not laugh. (Power of suggestion!  It's my mind power!)

I do think I got way off track from where I started to go with this blog... but it just feels like a good place to end.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny because Dane & I just had a conversation similar to that last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you. I may have found you a cowboy if you want to move to Texas.

    ReplyDelete