Monday, June 13, 2011

Cover Me In Mustard And Call Me Restless

While I was at church today, I was a little restless.  Usually, I am totally against checking my e-mail or texting while there, but today, I just couldn't help it.  I was waiting for Ron (mustache guy) to e-mail me back. 

See, there have been several guys who talked about meeting me in person, and then when it comes down to making plans to do so, they back out.  So, when Ron said he thought we should meet, I decided to call him out on it.  Right before I got ready for church, I sent him an e-mail and asked him when he wanted to meet.  So of course, I'm trying to concentrait, but just couldn't.
Finally, during Relief Society (the 3rd hour of church, for all my non LDS readers,) I just couldn't wait anymore.  I cleaned off my fingers ,( I had been sneaking peanut butter cups out of my friends purse), and whipped out my phone.  I had to hide my excitement when I saw the red letters reading, new mail.
Normally, I would do a little high pitched scream, or a mini happy dance... but that probably wouldn't go over as well there.  Even though we were discussing devoloping our talents, I could have just claimed that I was so happy to be talking about this topic... but nah.

I opened the mail , and it read, "This week I don't work Tuesday or Wednesday, same thing next week."   And then something happened to me... I started to freak out.  It's to soon!  Why does he want to meet me this soon?  - Wait, I know why he wants to meet me this soon,  I am cute and from what he knows, I am super funny, and also.... I refuse to eat asian food without chopsticks.  So with details like that...(chopstick user being that thing that totally hooked him, right?), of course he wants to meet me.

When I got home, I responded and told him that while I was totally thinking that I wanted to meet him, but I just didn't know enough about him.  Like... how does he feel about Halloween.  That's the important stuff.

When he responded, he told me he really didn't like it.  My heart sank, but, I guess that's not a deal breaker after all, because I just figured I could just convert him.  I told him all about the pumpkin bread ( with lots of nuts) I bake. Pumpkin pancakes with cranberry maple butter that I make on General Conference weekend and of course the jell-o brains that I always serve on Halloween.  I mean, if that doesn't convince a man to like Halloween time ( a hot woman, happily baking in the kitchen was the image I was going for,) then I don't know what would.  And I was good!  I really wanted to mention the slutty Halloween costume that I plan to wear this year to the church Halloween party, but I was good and didn't! Aren't you proud?  Well, I am!

The other information I learned about him was, he likes cheap mustard. 
Back in high school, one of my closest friends loved me because I liked mustard, and I loved her because she liked onions.
                                      (Here's my shout out to Veva!)
So, I guess we could have a lifetime of happy bliss.... covered in mustard.

Here are a few more details that I know about him
He is a pilot for a major airline
He can't use chopsticks
He doesn't know the words to The Humpty Dance
He is 37
and he just posted a picture without his crazy mustache and he is, as I suspected, totally cute.

I am going to let you guys help me with this one...
There will be a survey to the right of the blog.  Please take a quick second to lock in your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment