Friday, June 10, 2011

One Last Hot Daddy Entry

Yesterday was my daughter's kindergarten graduation...... and yes, Hot Daddy was there.

I posted on my Facebook status that I was wanted to talk to him, but was probably going to chicken out.  My friends began to leave comments.  Everyone encouraging me to go talk to him.

There was moments when I actually considered it.  Like when he first got there and we BOTH did double takes at one another, a moment when we passed one another in the aisle... each acknowledging each other with a half smile and a nod.... another when I was in line behind him to pick up my kiddo, and several times when I could see him out of the corner of my eye, looking my way.  But when it came down to it... it would just be weird.
My friends said "Just introduce yourself to him!"
But the thing is.... that wouldn't work.... I mean, what would I say...
"Hi, I'm J's mom.  Remember me?  We use to be friendly, you use to open the door for me, you use to walk across the street with me to get our kids.  But then you stopped and started parking somewhere else.  Do you want to meet for lunch sometime?  Oh yeah, what is your name so I can stop calling you Hot Daddy?  And one more thing, I write a blog, and I happened to mention you in it.... can I take your picture so all my readers can see you?"

I just don't think that would go over very well.

I am going to use this as a learning experience. 
This is what I learned:
-Even though I have 3 kids, I am cute, men will notice me.
-Smiling at a man, is a great way to let him know I am interested.
-Do NOT tell 5 year old that I think someone's dad is hot .... UNLESS, I honestly want her to pass along the information.
-Do NOT let my friends encourage me to take pictures of men, without thier knowledge.  Those same friends, will then turn it around and accuse me of stalking.  YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!  That will not happen again!

What I gained the most from this experience was boost in my self-esteem.  When my ex left me, I felt like my self worth was at a -10.  Hot Daddy  was the first man, that I am aware of, that noticed me, and made sure that I noticed him.  And for that, I will be forever grateful, but now it is time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment