Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting My Back Up Plan In Line

It's just another lonely Friday evening, for pathetic old me.  It's not even 9:30pm yet, and my eyes are getting heavy.  I remember the days when I was still getting ready to go out at 9:30. (sigh)

I have decided that the day my divorce is final, I will be going on a date.  There are several problems with this:
- I don not know what that date is....
and
- The guy, I want to date, well he is Mr. social.  He is never not busy.  He is always out with friends, or on a date.  It was driving me crazy that I couldn't date him yet, because I just KNOW that once he dates me, he wont want to date anyone else. (Bahahahahaha)  But all these girls would comment on his Facebook profile, about wanting to be his date. and I would check them out and get mad.   (Can you say... psycho, yes me).  So I kind of cut him off, I dropped him as a FB friend and asked him to not text, and I would let him know when I could date.  But, I can't even follow my own rules, maybe once a week, I still send him a text, just a quick one, so he will know I am still interested. So, my dilemma is, just in case he's not around (or got tired of waiting, and I wouldn't blame him) I need to line up some more potential dates.

Here is my fear...  like most Mormon girls, I wasn't aloud to date until I was 16. (Oh, but I almost always had a boyfriend, from the time I was 12.  I just didn't go on a 'date' with them.  hehehe)  One of my really good friends, (actually my first kiss from when I was 12,) had said for years that he was going to take me on my first date when I turned 16.  So, that date rolled around, we had been talking about it for weeks.  At school that morning, I remember him telling me he was gonna pick me up.  So that night, I remember brushing my teeth, I had my braces taken off that day, and couldn't stop staring at my teeth.  I was excited... I was going on a real date!  We were just friends, and I knew we would just have fun and laugh all night.  Well, that jerk never showed up.  Never called!  I cried in my room for the rest of the night. 

I don't want to relive this event all over... I haven't dated in years (even when I was married, we never went out) so I am totally excited (and super nervous) for the day that I can date again, and don't want to end up crying all night because I didn't go on a date, even if it is just a friend.   And I know myself way to well.  So I feel like I need several backup men in line... just in case BR turns out to be just like that other guy who shall remain nameless, since I know a lot of you who read this blog know who he is.

So , this Friday night, I shall head back over the online dating scene, to see who else is online and not on a date , on a weekend night.

Time to shop!

1 comment:

  1. I did have that "friend" who stood me up on my 16 birthday read this entry.... and to this he replied,
    "Ouch!"

    ReplyDelete