Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rumor has it you missed me

I know I have left you hanging.  And I would like to tell you I am sorry, but... I'm not.  The past week-ish or so, has been cRaZy!   I'm not sure where to begin, so how about, not from the beginning.

How about an update on Campbell (that's why Campbell's soup is ummmm, ummmm good,) - Finally ditched him... well actually he gave up (which is what I wanted) when I wouldn't send him a picture of me in yoga pants or a swimsuit.  I get it, YES I look cute in yoga pants (or at least my butt sure does!) but it got really annoying when I woke up every morning to a text that said only, "YOGA PANTS?"  To which I would respond, "Yea, I'll get right on that." 

I hope you can hear the sarcasm in my voice as you read that last bit, and see my eyes roll.  Because, boy, he sure couldn't.  But I guess you can't blame him, he's all the way in another state, doesn't get to check out my cute butt from behind.  I mean, I even check it out in the mirror every morning,  with my yoga pants on... mostly I check to make sure it's still cute.. some mornings I'm like, YEP, and other mornings, I think to myself  "TIME TO START RUNNING STAIRS AGAIN!"

Next update - HOUSE-  Let's see, I think I mentioned that it sold on the 2nd.    Then I got 2 notices to get immediately.  Then about 1 week later, I got a summons! I was being sued for still being in the house!  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!  So, for a brief moment, I panicked!   I called my attorney (WONDERFUL MAN), and let him know what was going on.  I called a few friends, let them know.  At some point, I got on my knees and prayed.  I have had faith all along that Heavenly Father would take care of me ... and my 3 babies.  I didn't know how, when or in what way, but, I KNEW he would.

And he did.

Sunday, I walked into church and my friend Jen, hurried over to me.  She told me that the Bishop and the members of the bishopric were extremely concerned that I would be locked out of my home.  They were arranging to have people come move me out of my house that very evening.  All, during church, it was hard to concentrate.  I had so many emotions running through my head, scared, nervous, panic, urgency, but most of all, humbled.  After church, friends just started showing up and said, "What can I do, what should I pack?"  I was kind of a wreck, so I put Jen in charge.  And took charge she did, (she is amazing that way).  Then, later that evening, after seminary graduation, tons more people started showing up.  I wouldn't hesitate to say, maybe even 60 people, were there removing every last item from my home.  I have never felt more loved or blessed!  Later that night, I thought that I would be crying because of losing my home, but NO, I cried because I could feel our Savior's love.  I felt it from the loving service that was given to my family that day. 
Monday, around 1:30 pm -ish, I was driving by the house, I saw a truck in the driveway.  I stopped and talked to the guy peeking in the windows.  He was there to change the locks.  As I drove away, I said of prayer of thanks.  I am so grateful for those who listened to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and then quickly acted on them.

Next- living situation-   Another prayer answered.  A family in my ward, are "snowbirds".  Mary, wanted someone living in her house while she went back to Washington for the summer.  She mentioned it to someone, who then told me.  I was stubborn, and wanted to go straight into my own place.  But the timing just isn't right for that to happen right now.  Friday, I called her and asked if moving in for the time she was away was actually an option. 
Let me just say, there could not be a more loving, generous, sweet and incredibly adorable woman.  (Haven't met her hubby yet, but I am sure he must be the same).  Mary welcomed my 3 daughters and me into her home with loving arms.  We practically took over the whole upstairs.  I have never felt more comfortable in someones home that wasn't family.  I feel like she is family,and I have only been here 4 nights.  And to be honest, I don't want her to go back to Washington, and neither do my girls.

Next- Getting sued- Tuesday, my attorney called and told me he got the charges dismissed!  I was suppose to be in court on Wednesday!  I couldn't believe it.  Another blessing!

I promise to get back to the hijinks's of my quest to find a man, and there are many more to come, but I couldn't feel good about myself if I didn't share how truly blessed I feel with you.  And now, it's really late, or very early, depends on how you look at it.  So I am off, like a heard of turtles!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, that last line made me cry. I miss Grandpa. Kapri is really into brushing hair right now.. he would be in heaven.

    I'm glad every thing is working out for you.. hope we get to see you when we go to California this summer!! Maybe... ??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear you got out of that house and are moving forward. It has been hard living in another state and unable to do much to help. I am glad things really starting to look up for you. We miss you and those gorgeous girls, hope to be seeing you this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried feeling the love of your ward family. You are so blessed to have them (as much as they are blessed to have you). I love belonging to a community for whom helping is second nature. Good luck as you move forward. I can't wait to see what your journey holds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are cracking me with the yoga pants and cute butt stuff! But its like they always say... If you've got it, flaunt it!

    I don't know if I told you or not, but Monday night I called the bishop to express my gratitute for his divine inspiration to get you moved out on Sunday, especially knowing that your doors were locked that next day. I seriously had to hold back the tears. I felt so blessed and it wasn't even my house or my situation. I'm finding that this is a common feeling among all those who helped out that day/night. It was an awesome experience to be a part of. And it didn't hurt that I got to boss people around, either.

    ReplyDelete